The Best Tequila Drinks for Spring Break in Cancun
Ever heard the phrase – when in Rome, do as the Romans do? Well, let’s update that for Mexico. When in Mexico, drink tequila. See, it’s the national drink. It should be. Tequila is produced nowhere else on the planet. That’s right, Mexico is the only country where tequila is made. It is made from 100% blue agave. Now that you’ve had your history lesson, it’s time to drink! You don’t have to just drink tequila in margaritas. Here are the best tequila drinks to try while you’re on spring break.
- Mayan Mule – this drink combines ginger beer, bitters, and lime juice
- Cherry Smash – what’s better than tequila, orange juice, and cherries? Throw in some lime juice, agave nectar, and club soda and you’ve got a refreshing drink.
- Black Diamond – oh yeah, this one’s really easy. Tequila, agave nectar, and lime juice. The drink gets its name from the black salt typically used to rim the glass.
- El Diablo – if a drink is named after the devil, it must be good (or bad depending on your viewpoint). This drink features tequila, lime juice, ginger syrup, and Red Blackcurrant Liqueur. Tell ’em El Diablo made you do it.
- Little Dragon – this one will have you breathing fire when you’re done. It’s made with tequila, lime juice, Green Pepper Jalapeno hot sauce, agave nectar, and lager.
- Bandera cocktail – drink like a local and order the green, white, and red cocktail in honor of the Mexican flag. So here’s how it’s done – three separate shot glasses filled with lime juice (for the green), Sangrita (for the red), and blanco tequila (for the white). By the way, Bandera is Spanish for flag.
Contact us when you’re ready to book your trip. It’s spring break, it’s Cancun, it’s tequila. Nothing else needs to be said.