As spring break approaches and you finalize your Cancun travel plans, don’t forget a few key safety tips. A little bit of preparation can help ensure an epic vacation free from any mishaps.
Before your trip
- Whether you’re going alone or with a group, give someone at home all your travel details and contact information. It may seem overly cautious, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- If you take medication or have any existing medical conditions, carry a note in your purse or wallet should you need medical attention.
- Get to know a little about where you’ll be going. Are there streets/sections to avoid? Any scammers to keep an eye out for?
During your trip
- Avoid carrying all your cash or credit cards with you. Stash a little in your room safe for emergencies.
- Keep hydrated If you’re spending a ton of time in the sun. Adding a glass of water into your drink rotation will help in the heat.
- Grab a map before you head out for adventure. You don’t want to be stuck without GPS service in an unfamiliar place.
- Buddy up! If you’re going with a group of friends, try to always have at least one other person with you if you go out or venture outside of the all-inclusive resorts.
- Keep valuables out of sight in the hotel and when you’re out and about.
- Always be observant and aware. We know it can be hard when the drinks are flowing, but awareness is your most valuable asset.
It may seem like overkill, but keeping these safety steps in mind when traveling for spring break will help prepare you for a trip full of memories. We want all of our travelers to have a relaxing and worry-free Spring Break.
Contact us to set up your perfect spring break getaway.