Spring break is coming! One of the best times of the year. As you make your vacation plans, it’s important to remember to pack efficiently, especially if you want your suitcase to actually zip shut. Versatility is key!
- Start with your bathing suit. You’ll inevitably be sunbathing or in the water, so forgetting your suit can be a nightmare (planning to swim often? A backup suit may be ideal so you won’t have to put on a wet suit the next day). And for ladies, a swimsuit can go from day to night; add a wraparound skirt and you’re set for dinner! And an oversized tee can double as a cover up. One piece, extremely versatile. Wear it with shorts or a skirt when you head out to sight see.
- If you’re heading to the beach, pack your sunglasses and your sun block! No one wants to suffer from a horrible sunburn on vacation. And without your sunglasses you’ll be squinting the entire vacation.
- A hat will help with the sun too. Keep those rays off of your face and out of your eyes. It can also hide a bad hair day.
- If you’ll be sightseeing, it’s not a bad idea to pack an empty water bottle. Collapsible ones take up very little space in your carryon. To go with that water, throw in a bottle of ibuprofen or aspirin. Not saying you’ll suffer from a hangover, but you may want it to help you get past the sting of a sunburn or alleviate muscle aches from walking around all day.
- Don’t forget your PJs! You could always buy a touristy t-shirt and shorts, but if you can save cash by packing your own, you should.
- Walking shoes are a must. Sure, your cool sandals will look great on the beach, but if you and your friends decide to go on a walking tour, they may leave you sore and blistered.
- Bring at least one dressy outfit. Typically Spring Break is a laid back occasion, but you may want to head to a nice restaurant or club one night, and you don’t want to show up in shorts and flip-flops.
- Your cell phone charger should definitely be in your bag. Can you imagine if you forgot that…?
- Chapstick, magazines and a book are good ideas for the beach too. The sun will leave your lips parched, and the sunbathing may leave you a bit bored. A non-academic book is a good idea (unless you have homework. If you do, bring that!) to help pass the afternoon way.
- Athletic apparel is a good addition to your suitcase if you plan to go hiking, running or use a hotel gym.
- Finally, no matter where you’re heading, you may want to bring a light jacket. Even in the warm weather, if you’ve been soaking up the rays all day, you may feel a bit cool at night. It is still ‘spring’ after all.
This packing list should have you easing through Spring Break without a worry! Contact us when you’re ready to book your trip and then all you’ll have left to do is enjoy your trip.