Stay Safe This Spring Break
Every year we hear countless spring break horror stories. Take extra precautions as you plan your vacation this year. Be sure to stay safe over your spring break trip this year.
Following these basic safety measures to have a fun, and safe, break:
- In advance of your trip make sure you have your identification in order. Have your passport right at hand, have your driver’s license where it should be, and your visas in place if you need them.
- Lock valuables in your hotel safe (or in the ship’s safe if you are going on a cruise). This includes your passport.
- Don’t give your personal information to new people; don’t share your room number either.
- When you head out at night, make sure you know the name and address of your hotel. Grab a business card so you can give to a cab driver (especially if you don’t speak the language).
- Always use the Buddy System. Never leave with a stranger; always take a friend with you.
- If you are going to be in the sun, make sure to bring your sunscreen. Don’t get burned!
- Know the information for the American consulate or U.S. Embassy in the country you’re headed to. Have the numbers of your bank and credit card companies in your phone in case your cards are lost or stolen.
- Speaking of banks and credit cards, call them in advance to let them know you’ll be out of the country. This way you won’t have problems when you try to use them outside of the US.
Follow these tips for a safe and fun spring break this year! Contact us when you’re ready to book your trip.