Tips for Planning a Tour Vacation
If you have a core group of friends, a fraternity, sorority or school group that you spend a lot of time with, you may want to consider taking a tour with them. A college tour can help you save money on travel expenses, and often you’ll get a great vacation package with some of your favorite people.
College Tours do take a bit of work to coordinate, but they’re worth it. Be prepared to get a core team together to do the planning. You’ll have the experience of a lifetime with some of your closest friends. Getting there is the only part of the trip that may require a bit of work putting together.
Here are some tips to help make the planning process a little more organized:
- If you decide to take a group vacation, get your friends together to talk about the trip. Who wants to go with you? Do you want to take the tour during Spring Break, or the summer? What type of trip do you want to take? Will you visit the mountains? The ocean and beach?
- You will need one person to be the main contact point for the trip. This can be done via volunteer, or by vote. It’s a good idea to choose somebody who is a good communicator and knows how to stay organized. This person will become the main point of contact for everyone involved, including the travel agency, the airlines and all of the other trip participants.
- Have one or two volunteers to help the main contact person, just in case the planning gets to be more too much. Volunteers to handle the overflow, who don’t mind having tasks assigned to them, are ideal.
- Come up with a budget and set up an account that participants can deposit money into in order to make it easier for making payments to the travel agency.
- Considering budgeting for beer and food as well. This can be done with the main account or a separate group account.
Planning your group college tour doesn’t have to be difficult. Your travel rep can help work with you to find the perfect accommodations for your group’s needs.
Need more information about one of our properties? Please feel free to contact us anytime! We’d love to help plan the ultimate college tour with you.