DO’s and DON’T’s while visiting Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen has developed a great reputation on the Yucatan for it’s beautiful beaches, enjoyable downtown area, and the many activities that are associated with the unique beauty Mexico has to offer. Nestled between Cancun and Tulum in the state of Quintana Roo, you really can’t go wrong at Playa del Carmen. If your considering a visit while in the Yucatan, here are a few tips to on what you should do, and what you can probably do without.
- Your research! Make sure you make a list of the top attractions you want to hit while visiting the Yucatan and prioritize JUST in case you don’t have time for everything! Would you rather make time to go snorkeling or spend a day at the golf course? Rank your list based on your personal interests but allow yourself some wiggle room for a change of plans.
- Make sure renting a car is necessary before you put down the cash for it. Most visitors decide against renting a car because many of the attractions and must-see places are easy to get to via public transportation and taxis, as driving in the Yucatan is a headache that you should probably avoid if your looking for a relaxing trip.
- Visit downtown, “Quinta Avenida” or 5th Avenue is the place to go to shop and find delightful Mexican cuisine a great place to submerge yourself in the local culture.
- Miss out because you don’t want to leave your all-inclusive resort. Trust us, we know how great it is to have everything included and a beach outside the door of your hotel room but it’s important to get to know the culture and do some sightseeing! Even if you commit just one or two days, be sure you step into reality for at least a short time because we promise it’s almost just as great.
- Forget to wear sunscreen! The sun is really strong in Mexico, and if your a visitor your skin is most likely not used to it. Pack the high SPF’s and reapply consistently.
- Ignore that your in a different country as well as a major tourist destination, like anywhere else you visit be careful with your belongings. We know you may be visiting to enjoy the party scene, and there is nothing wrong with that, but don’t have cash out in the open and keep your expensive belongings at home or in a safe place.